Lead quality is a hot topic for lead generation advertisers and therefore also for ad pepper media.
ad pepper media have a fantastic track record in delivering leads of the highest quality. This is evident in the amount of clients who use iLead on a regular basis and continually re-book every month. In order to achieve the greatest results, we need to adopt an honest and open approach, understanding and managing the advertisers’ expectations from the get-go. We also need to comprehend the lead to sale cycle and processes that take place after the user has signed up.
So how is lead quality defined?
The quality of leads can be measured by analyzing and tracking opening rates of follow-up emails and/ongoing dialogues, unsubscribe rates, % conversion to sale on the advertisers site (over what period), conversion from lead to test drive, conversion to redemption of vouchers, conversion from lead to activation of account.
What are the advertiser’s expectations? How do they track and within which time frame? What happens to the leads once they are sent over to the advertiser?
It is crucial, that all parties involved in the management and performance of the campaign and the general sales cycle, are fully aware of this. An advertiser relies heavily on the media owner to supply them with leads that are of the highest quality. However, the media owner relies too, on the advertiser, to have a rigorous and effective process on the back end, in order to convert or make effective any leads that are supplied.
As a media owner, ad pepper invites as much insight from the advertiser as possible. We like to know the outcome of each lead we send over, as this can only help us improve on the rest of the campaigns performance.
ad pepper media adopts the same guidelines as those of the IAB when defining the foundations of lead quality:
- Ad formats (Email, search, surveys, co-reg, banners, pops, hosted pages etc)
- Creative has a big impact on setting the scene and must clearly communicate what the user is signing up for. Creative must have clear call to action.
Consumer motivation: incentives and promotional concepts
- What is behind the consumer taking action? Is the action proactive or passive?
- Is the lead generated as part of an “up sell” or did they only respond to one product?
- Leads collected by ad pepper are exclusively collected for the individual advertiser and their campaign
- From time to time, we will offer combined promotions, but every lead will opt-in to an individual offer and brand
- ad pepper media can offer a real time feed, which gives the advertiser the option to receive the leads immediately, as and when the user signs up in real time.
- Leads can become cold and become less effective if they are not followed up and there is a weak process/strategy at the back end. Leads must be followed up as soon as possible with a strong CRM strategy.
Verification of Data offered by ad pepper media
- Optimizing against advertiser targets on lead origin
- Consultation on creative look and feel and how to use incentives
- Hard bounce on confirmation emails (or MDX look-up)
- Manual filtering and double checking
- 3rd party system validation (e.g. address management such as QAS)